This position requires the individual to assist the physician with patient clinic visits and work well with Clinic Nurse as a Team to accomplish goal of quality patient care. It also entails helping with outpatient patient calls and tasks in conjunction with team members. A general knowledge of medical assisting skills such as phlebotomy, urinalysis and injections is necessary.
- Ability to work independently following established guidelines or directions.
- Certification or Registration in medical assisting.
- Friendly, people oriented.
- Good communication skills including good telephone etiquette.
- Ability to use Personal Computer.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers as a team to ensure that back office responsibilities are completed.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Comply with established policies and procedures.
- Strive for improvement in job performance.
- Utilize good communication tools.
- Displays accountability for job duties.
- Uses good interpersonal skills in dealing with others.
- Provides value as a team member.
- Put patients in exam room for the physicians and prepare patients for indicated exam.
- Perform chemical and microscopic urinalysis. Prepare C & S to be sent to lab.
- Review charts the day prior to patient visit to ensure that all test results and needed information for patient visit is available.
- Update Patient histories including past medical history, past social history, past surgical history, medication history and allergies.
- Draw blood and prepare specimens to be sent to outside reference labs. Record lab results in EMR chart.
- Perform IM and subcutaneous injections.
- Perform and assist with office procedures as directed by physicians including bladder scan, flow rate, bladder catheterization and bladder instillations.
- Provide basic patient education regarding clean intermittent catheterization and other patient teaching per protocols.
- Assist with patient phone calls tasked to clinical assistants.
- Perform patient tasks as order by physician including scheduling diagnostic tests, obtaining outside records and scheduling appointments.
- Assist with appointment scheduling for emergency and work-in patients.
- Make sure exam rooms are clean, adequately stocked and ready for clinic visits.
- Assist with prior authorizations and pre-certifications for diagnostic testing and medications.
- Assist with miscellaneous tasks assigned by Clinic supervisor, Physician or Administrator.